SafeSea S100 SART
The SafeSea S100 Search and Rescue Transponder (SART) is a dedicated radar transponder which complies with IMO SOLAS regulations.
- Superior battery life - even at -20°C
- User replaceable battery
- Non Hazardous battery
- Five year replacement interval
- Compact size for easy liferaft packing
- Supplied complete with telescopic pole and storage bracket
- SARTs are required on all IMO SOLAS vessels on international voyages:-
-One on 300-500GRT
-Two if over 500GRT
-One SART per every four liferafts on ro-ro passenger vessels
- Nationally mandated vessels, including fishing vessels, passenger craft, commercial workboats, etc
- Most Super and Mega yachts are required to carry a SART, especially if covered by the MCA code of practice, which is recognized by many countries
- Voluntary fit vessels will also benefit by carrying a SART
The SeaSafe S100 SART is designed to assist in the rescue and recovery of liferafts and survival craft. When switched on, the SART remains in a standby mode until automatically activated by an X Band Radar sweep from any vessel in the vicinity. The SafeSea S100 transmits a series of pulses which are displayed on the ships Radar as a line of dots, providing a bearing to the survival craft.
The activation controls are identical to those on theSafeSea E100 EPIRB, making use by unskilled operators much easier
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (dehp) which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Owner's Manual (pdf)
- Frequency: 9.2-9.5GHz
- Operational Life (Hours): 96hrs Standby
- Box Dimensions: 5"H x 5"W x 12"L WT: 1.7 lbs
- UPC: 5060266110047