Heavy Wire Dredge Bars
Heavy BarZ- Best used for heavy drag dredges. Squid, Shad, Natural Mullet
- Made with .125" diameter 316 Stainless Steel
- Sizes from 10" to 42"
- Super hard metal alloy center hubs
- Straight Heavy bars use 4/0 swivel sleeves
Generation II Bars are available in 28" and 38" 13 loop bars
- Improved loop gaps for easier swivel flossing
- Right hand orientation
- Improved end terminations
Elite Series 42" Bars
- Tension loops near the hub help counter arm flex to improve longevity
Why our dredge bars are superior. (Scroll Down for Product Categories)
- We use the highest quality stainless steel. We buy our steel directly from the producer to our exact specifications. All our steel is then tested for purity and to make sure it meets our specifications. There are many variables in the steel to get the best product, the steel hardness, the purity level, the heat temper, we have worked hard to achieve this. Some of our competitors are buying steel thru a middleman, they have no idea what is in their products.
- Keeping the bars together. Thru a lot of trial an error (we apologize if you got a prior error) we have identified the best metal alloys to bond with the arms to keep the bars tight and have extra longevity. The center hub is a crucial part of the dredge system. Ours is strong and simple, no crimps to fail, no weed catchers.
- Tension loops- We offer them only on our 42” professional series bar. We often get asked why we do not offer them on other bars, truth is, we don’t need them, our bars are strong enough without them. We get the argument from captain’s and mates that they like to crimp a safety loop through the tension loops incase an arm breaks, once again, trust our bars strength.
Dredge bars are going to break, the more fish you catch, the more dredge bars you are going to go thru. The worst thing for a dredge bar is pushing the retrieve button on an electric reel. The sudden shot of torque put on the bar and then the breaching out of the water puts a lot of stress on the frame. Doing this multiple times a day eventually wears them down.
We offer a bar for all applications. Our light wire bars are great for light drag applications, StripZ, Mud FlapZ, Fish Sticks, and ballyhoo natural dredges. Our Gen II dredge bars are the right choice for most heavy drag application. These include squid dredges, dredges with lures, natural mullet dredges and multiple tier applications. For the heaviest of dredge applications our new Super Heavy bars are needed.